TOPS Telecommunications Inc. Inc. (TOPS Office Solutions) is currently looking for a VoIP/Network Engineer to support our customers. This will be a part field and part in-house Technical Assistance Center position. You’ll be working on our clients’ VOIP, UCaas and Network Infrastructure products and contribute to the strategic objectives by installing, servicing and supporting their voice applications and infrastructure.
- Design, develop and service solutions to provide reliable SIP/MGCP services to customer endpoints including on-premise and hosted handsets and soft-phones.
- Support Network data equipment as it relates to the VOIP infrastructure
- Document and communicate in detail all interactions with the customer as it relates to open service orders. Keep accurate changelogs of all work completed
- Collaborate in projects with team members and focus on improving infrastructure and documentation
- Be part of the after-hours on-call rotation
- At least 4 years of experience as a VOIP engineer/systems engineer
- Solid knowledge of SIP Stack and TDM Voice Infrastructures
- Fundamental understanding and experience of network routing/switching, and virtualization. Solid skillsets in VMware, Hyper-V, TCP, UDP, RTP, RTCP, DNS, DHCP are required.
- Experience in support of VOIP installations such as ShoreTel, Mitel or Zultys platforms in a physical infrastructure as well as systems within a virtual environment preferred
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting network equipment from Cisco, Adtran, HP & Watchguard.
- Excellent communications and team player skills
- Reliable transportation as field work is required
- CCNA/CCNP Routing and Switching
- Familiar with Linux & Windows system administration
Job Type: Full-time
- VoIP: 4 years (Preferred)
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Work authorization: Canadian Citizen with Passport
Job Type: Full-time
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. Please send your resume to care[email protected].