According to the Gartner Group, printing is the third highest business expense after payroll and rent. Businesses may spend 7% to 12% of their total revenue on document production, management and distribution.
For a business with $2 million annual revenue, that could mean $140,000 is spent on document management each year. A $10 million business could spend $700,000!
Most companies don’t know how many printing devices they have, how much they spend on them and how they use them.
Do you think you have a pretty good handle on things?
See if you can answer these questions.
• How many printers, copiers and faxes do you have?
• Do you use them too much? Too little?
• How old are they?
• How often do they need service?
• How often are they out of toner?
• How much IT time do you spend supporting them?
• How much do you spend printing, copying and faxing?
You probably have a lot of different devices — different models from different manufacturers. That makes it hard to buy and stock toner and supplies. It also makes it hard to service and support them.