TOPS Technology Solutions is the Thompson Okanagan’s premier supplier of world class office products and IT services. This current opportunity has us on the hunt for a seasoned Printer Copier/MFP Technician. We are looking for a “go-getter” with proven support experience that will exceed expectations with our AMAZING clients and also effectively grow the with the company.
You’ll be working on our clients’ Konica Minolta, Toshiba & HP printers. This role will be a mostly field work but there will also be an element of in office setup. You will be responsible to connect these devices to customer’s networks and contribute to the company’s strategic objectives by installing, servicing and supporting the hardware & software that is deployed.
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Attend on and off-site training (overnight travel may be required)
- Install hardware and software at customer location
- Configures, troubleshoots, repairs and performs preventive maintenance on Toshiba, Konica Minolta & HP office technology hardware & software.
- Maintain tools and inventory of supplies and parts
- Manage activities and time so as to ensure a high level of effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage a service territory
- High School Diploma
- 1 year experience as a maintenance and break-fix technician, or in related repair work position
In this role you will be responsible for achieving expected productivity levels (service calls per day) associated with assigned workload. You will be constantly honing and developing your mechanical, technical and network management skills as you repair and service our clients’ hardware, software and managed services solutions. You will need a highly developed sense of prioritization to manage service calls by product, client, geography, or time call was received so as to ensure a high degree of efficiency & effectiveness. This role also requires a significant amount of paperwork to be completed for each call. This paperwork must be completed in a timely manner and is used to track not only your results but the services we’ve provided to our clients.Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate effectively and to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of laser based print technology, knowledge of how to configure printing, scanning and an email client in a Windows TCP/IP environment
- Ability to work independently and within customer service teams
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage and protect company provided assets such as a company car, laptop, Cell Phone and part/supply inventories
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to repair mechanical assemblies using common tools
- Ability to use a volt meter and other diagnostic tools
- Requires a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check and possess a drivers license with a current motor vehicle report.
This position provides excellent compensation, benefits package and pension plan for experienced technical professionals
Job Type: 2 – Full-time positions available in our Kelowna & Kamloops offices
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. Please send your resume to [email protected].