Junior IT Technician
TOPS Technology Solutions for Business is an office technology company dedicated to supporting dependable business solutions in the interior of British Columbia. We are currently growing our team & require a field computer and networking technician. A bachelor’s degree is preferred for consideration, but not required, and strong reasoning, troubleshooting and communication skills are a must. The compensation package will be commensurate with the candidates experience & educational background. A competitive benefits program is available to the successful candidate. Personal growth & advancement is available for a dedicated, team orientated candidate.
Details on the job description are included below. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Computer and Network Technician
Location: Central Okanagan Valley
Job Category: Computer Services
Minimum Relevant Work Experience: Entry level, experience preferred
Minimum Education Level: Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree preferred
Maintains clients’ computing environment by identifying system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance, and resolving issues as they arise.
- Server Operating Systems
- Virtualization Solutions
- PC and Apple Environments
- Port Forwarding (NAT)
- System Administration
- Network Hardware/Software Configuration
- Email Systems
- Remote Access (VPN, Remote Desktop Connection, Terminal Server)
- Various Software Installations
- Battery Backup solutions
- Data Backups
- Computer Hardware Installation/Replacement
- Establishes system configuration by conferring with users; analyzing work flow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; configuring back-ups; maintaining documentation & confirming systems operation.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Interested candidates should send their resume and any other pertinent information firstname.lastname@example.org